Learning Time Line

Orite. So I went LEARNING again today. Rise and Shine to a brand new Sunday with a old motivation.... LEARN SOMETHING. But say, I actually had fun learning some of the new stuff. Apparently, I met up with a bunch of what you might call "computer geeks". It doesn't take me long to fall in love with Peter. Erm, I mean Linux. Its actually such a superb thing, I got pretty hooked on it. Cool terms and stuff like that. I was indeed amazed to be taught what Uncle Bill has got on MY laptop! The whole gang of fellows from SCLUG (they are not very good friends of Uncle Bill) were here to help and share the great things that Ubuntu had. To me, it sounded a very christian thingy.. something like sharing the gospel on a sunday morning, doesn't it sound holy for some reason? Yeah yeah.. Its all good. Well, Peter was a great fella who was so into Linux and stuff like that. This morning's workshop did shed new light on what Ubuntu has for people like us. Its kind of like a gene in me that I love diverting from the original topics. Its suppose to be a very technical morning session on Linux, but we ended up discussing about Business Models of Shuttleworth's. I'm really impressed with him thou. His idea, his mission, his vision. But anyway... Why do I keep diverting? ARGH!! This isn't right!

But hey, things are being learnt in a way of their own, comparing the first time I've heard of Red Hat Linux (go www.redhat.com instead of www.redhot.com) my very first impression of it wasn't the most fantastic.. My very first idea was to run back to Uncle Bill crying out for more Windows! But say, now, my idea of windows has changed till a certain extend seriously. To put it to a gaming context of "The Sims 2".. guess I should say.. "Uncle Bill is no longer a family friend!" And thinking of slightly more technical terms like "Open Source" and "Free software" and stuff of this genre, I definitely have a better idea now. Its good to read up on those stuff if you might ever become interested in such things. Try sites like wiki.ubuntu.com for more infomation. :)

The last word of advice from Peter..
"Its very addictive."

And yes Peter, I DO agree.

Quoting from one of the great Linux developer from some other ends of the world:
"We pronounce Ubuntu as.. UBUNTU"

Its all about Linux for Human Beings.

0 comments: