Hong Kong Revisited!

You know why I always tell you guys Hong Kong is a nice place?
Ahh.. thats because I always receive a warm welcome right at the doorstep of my jetplane.. Gosh, it always make me feel so "Presidential".


Well.. I just love to feel important anyway. Haahaa.. But I sort of didn't expect such a grand reception. Its just good to be GLAM! Weee!

Ahha, right upon arrival.. I went over to Causeway Bay to meet up with Thomson and Steve! Isn't it a nice feeling to meet up with your buddies to chill out somewhere away from Uni.

The very next day.. I reported to office.. alright.. here's the catch.. I said "report to office" not "report to work".

You can never imaging office as a place where it could be fun as well? Well.. anything is possible when you have such a mad-ass person to hang around with.

By afternoon, I was totally out of office.. away from work.. all ready for fun and food! Cool!

So in order to really get away from work.. we decided to go all the way up up up! By cable car of cos! And thats a really long way there.. gosh! This is only like half the cable car system..

And we went all the way up there just to catch a glimspe of the big buddha.

And trust me, this is huge!

Ah haa! Caught in action! Its the fishballs once again! Gosh, how can you consider yourself in Hong Kong if you don't try a stick of these yummlicious fishballs!

My sincere apologies if I made you crave for food at this moment.. but I can tell you.. there's more to come! Ahahaaha..

And the following picture is a "MUST SEE" cos I had to climb so many flights of stairs to get this view! You guys better appreciate it man!

I think I'm just cut out to be a model with that Mega-Watt Smile! Sigh sigh..

After that hard work to get up there! Of cos, I should be rewarded with something nice like these authentic Hong Kong favourite "Kueh Kueh" (Its actually a malay word which refers to those nice finger food or cakes).. And in the picture with me is the "Fried Mua Chee" ( That piece of thing sticking on my fork)

Just to entertain my poor friend kelly, I had to make that silly face to pretend the food is awful..
And the plain truth? Its just plain nice! Slurps...


And to be slightly less cruel.. I shall not show you the picture of the next food item, rather, I will just show you its name.. It actually means "Silky Smoothe Soya Bean Curd made from Mountain Water".. But if you look up the previous photo, you can catch a glimsp of the beacurd actually.

Finishing our round at the Big Buddha, we will head of to Tai O, a small fishing village in Hong Kong.. some of the road less travelled by tourist of that city.. perhaps, even unknown to some.

A warm welcome once more!


In contrast of the bustling Hong Kong city streets, may I present the tranquil of Tai O at Sunset..

And perhaps unknown to all of you.. I do have a license to drive a boat..

Or rather, its more like a license to "Pretend to drive a boat"
Welcome onboard!

Alright, here's something more "tourist-look-a-like"

That kind of smile.. that kind of pose.. that kind of background..
Typical Tourist.

After a long bus journey, the best is still to reward yourself with a good dinner at some fine restaurant.
Here I present to you..

Bon Appetite!
Seriously, the food alone is seducing enough..

And to ensure quality of the food I used to praise about, maybe I should head down the streets and do a on-the-spot "Street Inspection"


Food Quality: 2 thumbs up!
Here's a common sight in HK where everyone just buy from the roadside stalls. Not many of you will get used to it thou. I'm a really huge fan of this thou!

And if you are wondering the amount of food I eat in a day.. rest assured.. this is just the beginning..

The very next day.. I woke up wee early and headed for the HKCEC to setup our booth for the exhibition. It was amazingly done up within 3 short hours! Thats like a record-breaking speed for us! Gosh!

And definitely, its a reason for a little treat, isn't it?

How about a bowl of Shark-fin soup with special fish paste. Ahhhhh....
Such a treat on a cold windy day..

At the evening, we headed for Yueng Lang.. the birth place of the ever-famous "wife's cake" fondly known as Lao-po-bing.. Well, I did have my fair share of fun with those Lao-po-bing during my previous trip there, this time round, we were there to meet up with the rest of the gang and headed for Lau Fau Shan for our long awaited SEAFOOD DINNER!

Its so much of a BYO culture.. you can even buy your own seafood elsewhere and bring it over to one of the restaurants for them to prepare!

Now we are picking up our dinner! Thats Geoffrey behind me.


The whole gang picking the fishy! Thats Kelly, Geoffrey, Wendy and Brother Long!
Sigh... I got to remind everyone else.. "Fish are friends, not food (when alive)"

Time waits for no man.. so does food.

Tuck in, Tuck in!

And my favourite among all.. It has got to be the Crab with noodle in clear seafood sauce.

Let me do a proper introduction to this heavenly dish..
Ahh, needless to say, the crab is really sweet and tasty to the shell coupled with tasty crab roe! And the egg nodle hiding at the bottom is just so nice. But yet the beauty of this dish lies in the sauce.. Rich thicken seafood stock.. just added so much flavour to this fantastic dish.

At the end of the day.. I really need alittle something to curb my sweet-tooth..

Thats malt candy inbetween 2 pieces of crackers.
Yeah, my sweet tooth problem is such a huge issue in my life.. Remember my trip to Perth.. I needed a dose of ice-cream on a daily basis before I can get to sleep.

By this time, I think this no longer seems like a travel-blog, more of a food commentary of some sort. Haahaaha

Alright, how about a more serious side of me!
Presenting...

Thats me at work!
Trying to be funny at work again! Well, thats me! What can I say...

WARNING!!
The following pictures are really something out of the world and its gauranteed to bring you heaps of laughter.. Some may contain explicit contents. Beware!

Alright folks, there is one little secret that I have been hiding from all of you..

I'm a true blue princess. Yours truly, Princess Cheerene

And the best part? With some luck, I'm going to rule US one fine day!

Here's US's 2nd female speaker..
The first law I'm going to pass.. I'm gonna ban guys from giving flowers and Chocolates for Valentine's Day. GUYS.. There is such a thing called DIAMOND out there!

And this fella is one of my childhood-sweetheart...

Pity that he only lives in the TV Box. Sigh.. Its high time he should GET OVER ME! Heehee

Gosh, here's the latest pop sensation!

Ayumi-Era is long gone.
Welcome to the Princess Cheerene New Age!

And here's the new Highlight of the Museum..

Doesn't the gentleman in the middle look tad familiar? Apart from that funny looking moustach..
Its best to leave such paintings in the Museum..

Cos sometimes, pictures do COME ALIVE!

Are you guys all set for the next generation of James Bond movie!

Oh mine, the future female lead looks all set to go!
Aren't we a good couple?

Now let me take you down a road trip on the bike along HK's street

And here is Leon Lai

Ahh ha! Here is the Korean Heart Throb..

We kind of look good together as well..

Whose idea was it to make such a weird wax model..

And I guess only weird ass like me would think of doing a pose like this!

Thou mine is only a short trip to Hong Kong, I managed to meet up with Tiger Wood and gave him a few pointers on golf..

Gosh, I just look so professional!

No doubt, I'm a champion!


And perhaps my biggest crime..

Thats to fall in love with you..

This picture is specially taken for my mummy just to cheer her up.. Will the rest of you not take it too seriously! :)

Its like an advertisement for part-time maid, but I must say it looked really wacky.

After a crazy night at the Wax Museum, its time to bring the excitement to new heights! How about a really mad carnival?

Apart from swaying violent side to side.. this ride is really nothing compared to the one I took previously which is the one that brings you swinging like mad 360 degrees..

And of cos, a silly Ferris Wheel ride

Hahaaahaa.. all the way up there, its the best time to get a bird's eye view of the whole carvinal and decide your next fun ride..

Well, we tried our luck..

Pity that we can only take pictures of it.. not bring it home.

As a consolation...

I got myself a silly stuffed toy. Lucky me!

The last and final stop I'm gonna make.. Disneyland! Weee!


Here's Mickey and Minnie..

Gosh, you wouldn't believe that I spent 1 hour and 15 mins just to snap this picture with them. Its just so unlike me!

We just had so much fun in the Theme park.. I sort of went crazy..

Here's Stitch!

Cheerene Loves Stitch! Stitch Loves Cheerene!

And Cheerene eventually became Stitch..

Everyone please read out loud... "ADORABLE!"

A kiddy ride can really freak me out!

I just look like a kid.

Guess I can become a model for the new line of Sunnies.

Or maybe I should become the next Disney Mascot.. Well, Kelly complaint that I would freak all the kids out one of these days.. I've completely turn DisneyLand into a nightmare for them.

Thats Buzz Light Year

To Infinity and Beyond!
Simply love the slogan!

Raiding aliens to aliens..

Captain Cheerene in her Buzz-mobile!

Kelly commented that I took a really stupid shot of snow white flipping up her skirt for no apparent reason.. so she warned me about posting that picture up, it might dissapoint many many kids out there... so I decided..

How about one with all 7 dwarfs pointing their butt at you?

Since young.. I've always aspired to be Sleeping Beauty..

Doesn't it explain why I can always sleep during lectures?
Anyway, isn't she sweet? So am I!

So lets head up to tarzan tree house for more fun.. but you really got be becareful..

That kind of fall might not crack your butt, but it might crack the steps. Mind you.

The bridge?

Dare you cross it!

To get up to the very top, its abit of climb there!


All the way up there...

Its beautiful!

As the night sets in.. the fun never end! Continuing the fun-filled day.. we took a few more shots with my childhood favourite, Chip and Dale

Gosh, we are just so adorable!

And here's me trying on the Piglet's headband


Then a minnie mouse one..


Look and they are all mine!

Weee I love Disneyland!

Its perfectly understandable that a kid would enjoy the whole theme park, but it's just so weird that a grown up like me have so much fun there..

Its no wonder my mummy always says.. "You are such a kid"

After a hell load of fun at Disney..

I really need to stuff myself with more nice food again!
Having a tall glass of Double Chocolate! Surprisingly, its not as sweet as expected, making the chocolatey drink a "MUST-TRY"!

Final morning in HK means I only have 1 last chance to sample such delicious fare

I'm not letting the chance off.. Yummy Yummy!

Now I guess no one would believe that I went there for work.. Sigh..

I'm so good that sometimes I even scare myself

5 comments:

Sean Carter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had great fun there, princess =) Glad to know you had been so many places while you were in HK. I've not been to those places yet except Buddha! You are more HKee than I now, hohoho

Anonymous said...

Ur pics are so darn hilarious!! I enjoy looking at ur pics very much!

Anonymous said...

Good Scenery, Good food and a good model!

Anonymous said...

i think u are a good actress!! ur photos make my day happy!!!! now then i realised HONGKONG can be so FUN!!! haha!! -v-