Part 2- Quarter-life Crisis

I was just fliping thru the papers (tuesday's edition of Straits Times) when I came across a particular article. It was on "Quarter-life Crisis". Reading thru it confirms my fear.. I'm in it.

I did a little check on the website stated in the papers.. wikipedia.. At times, i do find this website alittle crappy, but nevertheless.. it does seems useful at times.. Anyway, checking up on Quarter-life Crisis will give you these..

Firstly, the Characteristics of the Crisis:

  • confusion of identity
  • insecurity regarding the near future
  • insecurity regarding present accomplishments
  • re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
  • disappointment with one's job
  • nostalgia for college life
  • tendency to hold stronger opinions
  • boredom with social interactions
  • financially-rooted stress
  • loneliness

Secondly comes the Financial & Social Aspect:
A primary cause of the stress associated with the "quarter-life crisis" is financial in nature.


-Excerpts from Wikipedia-

I have realised it myself.. I've been feeling very moody since I came back. New Year didn't help bring my mood up.. (not a bit at least).. in fact, it has made it worst.

Stress came by and wreck my holidays.

I've been asking myself what I really wanted in life. I hate the answer "I don't know". I know my have to make my mark by the age of 30 but how? Again.. "I don't know".. Uncertainties and insecurities. Looking up the list of the characteristics, I guess there is none which I don't sastify.

But anyway.. If there is a problem.. There ought to be a solution to it. I will find my where to it. Myself.

0 comments: