My dreams..

Good day.
How ya doing mate!

Just back from faithy blog.. She was blogging about entering adulthood and stuff like that. Come to think of it.. have I really stepped into mine? Think about this.. When was the last time when you don't have to be responsible for the decisions u made? For me.. it was way longer than I can recall...

Definition from my fave website: the state (and responsibilities) of a person who has attained maturity.

A person who is mature, has to hold responsibilities. Come to think of it.. So many of my friends are turning 21 this yr, so do i. What does it really symbolise to turn 21? I just can't forget the terror of turning 20 last year.. having that "2" infront. So how do we define "young", "adult", "mature"... blah blah.. Friends would just tell me this.. "nah.. u are still young, not to worry so much for future" and whatever lah.. If 21 symbolises stepping into adulthood, it means I'm no longer young, I no longer enjoy consessions like I use to.

Pondering over it, what do I have in future? What is my path ahead of me? What profession would I go into? Where will I be in 10 years down the road? Will I become an engineer as what people would assume? All these future isn't far.. It might be here before you can even prepare for it.

Seriously speaking, I do have a list of "what I want to be in future".. Lets go through it starting from my "oldest" dream..
  1. Doctor: Reason being, doctors earn lots of $$$.. Its cool to have people calling you Doctor Wee, dun u think so? Cool.. The biggest pull off was that ... Why in the hell is everyone having the same dream as me??? Nah.. I dun wan to be the same as "anyone of the rest.." Anyway, I'm a person who has poor memory.. I never forget this story about my Primary school servant, Ah moi. It was said that her husband died because during an operation, the doctors left a scissors inside his stomach. I seriously dun wan to cause any death because of my scatterbraininess.
  2. Pianist: Reason being I thot its really cool to compose songs to call your own, all the fame and recognition you get.. Biggest pull off was because my fingers never do me proud.. Till now, then I realise this.. they were good for things like MSN.. not piano.
  3. Teacher: Reason being its a very well respected job. And you can get so many presents on teacher's day! Fwahaha!! Nah, I've always like this profession because I respected my teachers in a way that I dun always show it thou. Biggest pull off was that alot of teachers were actually bugged with ill-health, this was a kind of trade off for the kind of pay they are receiving... And the other major one was NIE dun wan me.. Of cos, something that puts me off was that.. "y is that girl sitting next to me copying me again?" But over the years, this dream comes back to me over and over again.
  4. Cook: Reason being I love to play with food. I love being praised in a way. Biggest pull off was I wasn't born with a sensitive taste bud, and over the years, I've learn to hate questions like "Do u think this taste good?" and "Is this saltish enough?" But even if so, I still love cooking every now and then.. But now, I've develop theories like "food no matter nice or not, will all taste good provided you are eating it with companies you enjoy.
  5. Financial Analyst: Reason being I love to count $$$, and even if I don't have so much $$$, I still can count others' $$$. Biggest pull off was that I never like accounting.. due to the fact that I've got some really weird accounting teachers! Freaks! But seriously, they are not be be totally blamed, cos at that time, I wasn't serious about my studies. I have always believed that even if I don't like them, I will have my way to go thru it. But apparently, I didn't bother about it at that time.
  6. Musician: Reason being I fell deeply in love with chinese orchestra. Performing with SCO was my dream. Becoming a top notch soloist and all those stuff. Biggest pull off was that I m not allowed to persue this dream. I guess its just normal that all parents wouldn't want their children to become musicians and artists because of the harsh fact of life that these professions are those which is deemed as the unwanted.. cos it makes them think of street baskers! But now, think about it, if I really got my way to it, would I really get to know you guys.
  7. Artist: Reason being I love acting and I thot I m gifted in this area since young. Ever since TV came into my life.. I always have such dreams, but it wasn't until I've won "The Best Actress" Award that my dream became more defined, but its really until I've got exposed to stage plays then I got really into this dream. I have always thot of join ThearterWorks and those drama companies in SG at that time. Biggest pull off was again my parents. The are the more old fashion people I guess.
  8. Computer Games Programmer: Reason being I always loved computers but wasn't given much of a chance to use them since young.. Now that computer and I could never be seperated.. who would have thot of it 10 years ago when the liping they knew was a computer idiot and dun even own a proper computer then? But even if not game programmer, I have always wanted to have something to do with computers due to many reasons, one of them being my relatives! I wun go too much into that for now... anyway, Biggest pull off..my programming really sucks big time!
  9. Counsellor: Reason being I love helping people, I love solving problems for others. I wanted the world to feel that help is always there for them, cheerene is always there to cheer u up. Biggest pull off.. I get too much into their life. Its more like putting myself into their shoe, which is a no no in this profession.
  10. CEO and founder of my own company (name has yet to be chosen, mus choose carefully, for you never know, it might get listed on NASDAQ one day): Reason being I have been wanting to taste the success of running my own biz. The kind of satisfaction if can give me. That will be what others will have problems trying to copy me. There are tonnes of other reasons that is to why I wanted to setup my company. One of it which has grown even more important to me over the past few years was that I wanted to provide a good life for my mum esp. Biggest pull off was the capital problem.. nevertheless, I had never give up on it. I will work on it.. and lets set a target for 60K by the age of 25. Something that I learn from Sim Wong Hoo.. which is to have BHAG.. Big Hairy Audacious Goal.. Mine wasn't really that big and hairy.. But its just the question marks I have that makes is audacious. At the same time, going towards this goal means I have alot of things to give up as well.. But nutting is going to stop me this time. You never know what has been building up over the years in this puny brain of mine..

Just had so much to blog but not much time for it... Till I finish my revision for my exams, I shall blog on the things i want to do.. Maybe by midnite tonite, I can finish this subject.. Hopefullly.. if not, most prob, you wun be hearing from me..

Time really seems to past very fast over here.. Day 70 here already! Isn't that fast? Almost clearing a third of my stay here for this year.. I'm just so thrilled that with every passing day, it means I'm a day closer to home.

To conclude up everything, future lies in your own hand... I had mine in my hand, and I know that, if I don't stop now and get back to work.. I would have not much of a bright future to speak of.. Haahaha.. Go for a shower to clear my brain now.. getting back to work at full gear! Woo!

I just felt closer to home and reunion.

0 comments: