The Little Home-made Blessings

Tuck away in a small corner of Blk 602 @ Bedok was a bustling kitchen with 1 aspiring baker. And that's me, the overall In-house Chief-baker. But of course, Chief-inspector has to be around just in case...

To prepare for the big CNY this year, I specially took time off my work to stay home and bake. Yes, its almost crazy to take off days to stay home for such chore.. but seriously, "home made yummies" and those "3 bottles for $20" kind sure taste alot different. To make sure my loved ones are having the best for this CNY, I'm not leaving it to any chances...

All in all, I came out with 5 different kinds of cookies this year..
The first one needs no further introduction.. it has got to be my very own favourite "Choco Chip Cookies"
Simply love the chocolate chunks that melts in your mouth, not in your hand. Ahh~~ Its a "must-try" for all chocolate fanatics!

Up next is my Godmum's all time favourite, the "Cornflakes cookies".
This will be something for those who loves the "healthiness" of cornflakes. Simply plain nice. Nothing less.

Then we have our "Twin-Towers" of Almond and Cashew.

The cookie itself already had heaps of almond power within, giving the cookie a little nuttier taste. Same goes to its brother, the Cashew cookies.
The highlight of every CNY.. it will be none other than our HUAT HUAT Pineapple Tarts!
Simply can't stand the tenderness and sweetness of the pineapple fillings... every bite, every mouthful, busting with flavours... and to make double happiness... I made another version of this ever famous CNY goodie, the Golden Pillow.
Chunks of pineapples hidden within the thin crust, topping it off with a layer of egg wash giving it the most appealing golden brown skin.

It really makes my day whenever I see the smile on the faces of my loved ones, family and friends who received the cookies. And here's one happy girl who received her favourite cookies. She was tasked to bring bottles of joy and happines back to her home town, HCM, Vietnam. Hope these cookies made your day too.

Blessed Lunar New Year.

0 comments: