Singaporean Dinner - the Singaporean way

Burpppped..

Oh, I had a great dinner just now. Phew.. Despite having a good camera around. Despite rounds and rounds of reminding myself. I forgot to take a shot of those good food I had just now. Damn it.

But anyway, thanks to fellow contributors, Calvin for his Roast Turkey and Joanne for her Cabbage rice. Delicious. As for me, being the gracious host, I made a few dishes too. Here is my list.. Fried egg tofu with corn and mushrooms. Sweet and sour Fish fillets. Coke Chicken wings and Tung Fen with Chinese Sausages. Plus a little sweet cooling White fungus with Red dates drink. There you go. Wooo..

The following part is specially dedicated to Chewling and of cos, mummy.

Roast Turkey:
Deliciously marinated Turkey, roasted to crispy brown perfection. Toasty brown on the outside, tender lovingly juicy on the inside. Straight from the oven, its only going to melt in your mouth, not on your plate.

Cabbage Rice:
Not just rice. Its fragrance rice. With cabbage, dried shrimps and seasoned meat to go along your rice. Its just as good as a whole meal by itself. Best of all, its steamed, not fried. Healthy choice for heath freaks!

Fried Egg Tofu:
Look! Its tofu? To be able to find such things over here is a miracle. Not to mention cooking it. Tofu dipped into flour and fried to golden coins look-alike. A bite into it will expose its silky smoothe tofu hidden within. Top with delicious baby corn and straw mushrooms in tasty oyster sauce. Its set to sizzle all taste buds.

Sweet and Sour Fish Fillets:
Brace yourself! Its Perch Fillets all the way from Nile river! Wooh! Perch fillets marinated with all time favourite Chinese cooking wine (Shao Xing Jiu) to remove any stinko fishy smell, a dash of pepper for the extra flavouring and finishing it off by rubbing salt to taste. Garden fresh tomatoes and Brown onions stirred fried in thick tomato sauce going over the fish.. The sizzles? Its simply music to the ears..

Coke Chicken:
Another all time favourite. Chicken marinated over night to get the extra taste in it. Frying on medium heat to an exact of 70% cooked then braised in your favourite Coke. Chicks have never taste so sweet as before. Watch out, you chicks out there!

Tung Fen with Chinese Sausage:
Cool.. very traditional chinese dish. Using the simplest of the simple ingredients, Stir-fried Tung Fen with a generous serving of Chinese Sausage. Extra garlic to give it an extra fragrance. Ohh.. It just couldn't taste better!

White Fungus with Red Dates:
Cooling dessert for all. With the purifying qualities of white fungus and cooling effect of Red Dates, nothing else beats the wonderness of such dessert on a hottie summer day.
(Red hot dates after dinner not gauranteed)

I do hope these foodie descriptions would turn you people on (esp ling and mummy). Despite the fact that I've not been doing much of a cooking while I was at home, thank god that my Creativity didn't fail me. Its all mainly chinese dishes, nothing much special actually. I guess the only special bit is because its all done by me. I swear it did shocked everyone there just now. Who could have imagine an engineering student could have done up all those stuff? At least I wouldn't. Geez.

Anyway.. after a good dinner, its time to get to more work.. Won't be working too late tonite cos I will be heading for Sydney tomorrow! Wooh! Time for fun! Wahaa! See you guys around!


~~C luv CZ still. Not forgetting M too. Otherwise I will be blamed for it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post hor! U are always so cruel to me! argh!! I will make u whip out double the amount of wat u cooked in aussie for me when u are back! I dun care! I am going to note every dishes u cooked there and going to "order" from u when u get back! argh...