A Singapore blog..

Going home is a thing that always seems to be on my mind, and I don't know why. I went to count again. I'm left with only 11 weeks over here. Soon, I will be back again.. See how time files.. There is still alot of things I want to do over here!! Aww..

Back to serious business, One major assignment this week to hand in, a mid term test next week, followed by another one in the following week. A major report+1 long writeup due shortly after. Ever ending reports to finish. Got to clear at least 2 this week. Packed all the way.. Wow! Action-Packed!

Today, a friend was telling me not to go home during summer, well, I wish I could actually. Its gonna be fun over here, we have lots of things in our "Must-do, Must-Visit" List. She knew I had to be back home this summer. So she was asking me when I will be back here again? I couldn't comment on that thou.

Thou I know its gonna be fun over here this summer, but I guess, home will be more fun! Yeah, great things to do, fantastic friends to meet up, I can smell parties coming my way man! Wooaah! Its kind of cool to be back in a place I used to call home. All I want is to snuggle up in my bed. Leech on that poor fella's wireless network. Oh man, its just some of the wonderful things you can do at home.

Alrite guys, get your pens and papers ready, I'm going to list out the food I miss in SG again. Here goes..
  1. Bak Gua - So long as it is authentic! Arrr..
  2. Bak Chor Mee - only from Bedok where you can get the best.. Slurpss.. 85 Market!!!!
  3. Froggy porridge - Geylang has a huge selection I think (I haven't had that when i was back)
  4. Durians - Simply love any type..
  5. Roti Prata - I really like it with curry.. love those really fluffy ones(I totally forget about that when i was back)
  6. Chicken Rice - Both my mum and mummy can cook really delicious chicken rice! (there is this particular store somewhere in along Changi Road, I must find it, Damn good, I swear!)
  7. Sushi - Someone hor.. promise me one hor.. (ahem.. ahem!)
  8. Mum's Yong Tau Foo soup - no where else but home
  9. Black Pepper Crab - Anyway lah! But I know "No Signboard" in Geylang serves pretty decent crabs, I'm gonna bring my family there when I go back this time round!
  10. Soya Bean Curd - Just anywhere will do.. My mum is so sweet that she bought a container of it and left it in the fridge to chill, just for me when i went home tat day. Aww.. she knows I only like it cold
  11. Nasi Lemak - My mum can cook it as well.
  12. A1 curry puffs - A little store in Eunos sells it.
  13. Curry Chicken - it can only be my mum's
  14. Kuey Chap - From the store in the market near my place
  15. Bak Kut Teh - My mum's! She made some for me on the day I went back to Wollongong! Aww.. so nice..
  16. Oyster omelette, Carrot cake, Char Kuey Tieow, Hokkien Prawn Noodle - all never part each other.. a must have at 85 Market!
  17. BBQ Chicken Wings & Otah - Awww.. I guess it taste the same everywhere.. but 85 Market would be a better bet.
  18. Dim Sum - I just love Dim Sum. The little store near my place has some really good ones, but not the varieties. So far, the best I ever had is in HK.
  19. BBQ Stingray - To die for... Alot of places have really good ones. Dun u jus love the chilli on it!
  20. Satay - Whats Singapore without satay? Waaahaaaha
Mouth watering yeh? Am I just good or wat? Hehehe.. aww.. miss them all, of cos, the list doesn't end.. Haa, sorry, I'm just alittle homesick right now... thinking of the food.. ahh..

Somehow, these days, whenever I eat oranges, I would think of my mum, I rememeber when I was a kid, I hated fruits. She used to stuff me with an orange after dinner. I just hated it. I would complain about it. I would say I can't peel it, thats why I'm not going to eat it. When I eat it sometimes, I would complain saying its too sour, my poor mum had to finish it up despite the fact she can't take such acidic fruits. I feel bad of cos, but most importantly, I miss her making the little hole on the orange skin for me. I understand all she wanted was getting me to eat the fruit becos she didnt want me to fall sick or watever. So when people peel the skin of the fruit for me, I do feel very very very loved actually. Well, in fact, someone else actually did that for me sometime ago, its none other than my beloved mummy irene.

Last nite, I had a chat with mummy, and I almost almost almost cried. Really fortunate that god has brought her into my life. Its a real blessing to me. Just love her so much. The chat, althou short, had really warmed my heart. Well, again, its the quality time that we spend together, its not about how much time we can afford. Seemingly nowadays, little things do make me cry easily. I don't know why, I tend to get really emotional somehow. Might be a good thing, or bad? I don't know. I only know that I'm undergoing something call.. "Changes"

Recently, as you can see in my previous blog entry, I have been on this fruit craze! Yeah, I went over to the supermarket and got more fruits again! This time, its 3kg of oranges, 1 bag of apples and another bag of kiwis! I will be getting watermelon this coming sunday cos its gonna be on sale. Drools.. I just love water melon.

A few days ago, I had the porridge that "d/ling" (aka chewling) had given me. Thanks for it man! I love these instant porridge! I took the braised duck flavour one. Damn. The taste.. the taste! Oh god! Its good, I swear! And again, it made me think of my mum again. How I miss her braised duck. Well, its not the food that I actually miss, its actually the time we spend sitting down and eat the duck that made me feel so good. Before I came back this time, I did spend time sitting down with her to enjoy some roast duck thou. Felt really good.

Aww.. you wouldn't believe what I had for dinner.. its brocolli and beansprouts and eggs in mushroom sauce. All good kids eat their brocolli. So do I. And the highlight of the evening is my Oven-Baked Black Peppered Chicken Marylands. Oh heaven, its divine! The chicken, so tender and juicy. Sizzling hot and aromatic, promise to tantalize any tastebuds!

Now, let me share with you some reasons why all homes should have an oven. I'm not crapping, I've been living on things like these for weeks, and I would swear by the results!

Why is Oven a good invention?
First, its hassle-free. You can leave ur things inside and go back to your room and do 2 tutorial questions and go back to get your dinner.
Second, no oil needed. Absolutely no!
Third, it "squeezes out" all the oil. U will see how oily it is before.. U will feel good that u are only eating what is after. Try imaginging if u were to fry the same stuff, think of the oil thats inside, and think of how much oil u will add to fry it well. Eewww... In summary, just think of how much oil goes into ur body.
Forth, No washing Needed. U just dump ur stuff on a piece of aluminium foil, throw it in, bake it, remove it (as in removing ur food from the foil), dump it (and of cos dump the foil)!
Fifth, no skills needed. Dun imagine it as something that only pros can use. Its a really easy-to-deal-with appliance. Isn't thats the reason I can use it?

Anyway, after conquering Mt Keira, the next thing in mind is to conquere something to do with water and eventually air. My initial idea was scuba diving, but can't find anyone else as crazy as me thou. Then sailing came to my mind. Haa, yes, sailing.. if time and $$ permits, I will be heading for Lake Illrawarra on 17 Sept! So something air-borne, I have this hang-gliding in mind, maybe in October. It will be so exciting.. Well, all this all happen, if only time and $$ permits thou..

Long blog.. Heee just realised that.

Seconds by seconds,
I just felt closer to home and reunion.

0 comments: