Complaint Letter - Part 2

Dear all, this is my second email.. addressed to Grand Hyatt Singapore..

----------------------------
Good evening,

I'm writing in to actually give some of my feedbacks regarding your Service and Staffs at the Scotts Lounge.

I actually travelled all the way to your Hotel for a high tea with my family on Sunday (19/9/04) at 3pm. And my sister had actually made a reservation for a table. She had made this reservation on last Friday (17/9/04).

Upon entering Scotts Lounge, I was kind of expecting your staff to actually be there to at least guide us to our table. But sadly, your staff simply ignored me and my family members. We were left to stand around for a few minutes before I actually have to take the initiative to walk up to your staff and ask about my reservation. I find that this kind of service is seriously totally unacceptable in such a classy restaurant like yours. Shouldn't the staff be the ones taking the initiative to approach EVERY customers and help them?

So later when we spoke to the manager on duty that day, she told us that there isn't any reservation made under the name of my sister. The manager told us that since sometime ago, Scotts Lounge had stop taking in any reservations. According to my sister, she actually called your main line and was later diverted to a department and made this reservations with the staff over the phone. So what happened to the reservation made by my sister? I'm truly surprised that you could allow your staff to make such big mistakes!! Please do not use "communication breakdown" as an excuse. In this service line, shouldn't you take every possible measures to ensure none of such unnecessary mistakes will take place?

Worst thing is, when the manager turn around to speak to her staff, they actually communicated in malay. Of cause there is nothing wrong to communicate in their own mother tongue, but the thing is, shouldn't they spare a thought for their CHINESE customer (or even customer of other races). It is really very offending and rude to do such things. I can't understand a single word that came out of their mouth, but I just find it so offending that I just feel like giving that manager a piece of my mind right on the spot, but I didn't really want to spoil the good image of your restaurant infront of so many other guest. I seriously couldn't understand how an inconsiderate person could actually become a manager at Scotts Lounge. Ridiculous isn't it!

Lucky for us, after standing around and waiting for more than half an hour, a guest offered a table to us, At least my trip to Scotts Lounge wasn't totally wasted. But definitely, my trip there wasn't a really satisfying one. The standard of your customer service really spoil my mood for the rest of the day. My family didn't really get to enjoy the afternoon at all. Its really disheartening, I was really looking forward for this high tea, spend a wonderful afternoon with my family. So I actually had to cancel all my work scheduled on Sunday, which caused me to loss a considerable amount of income. Yet, this is what i get..

While I was browsing your website, I couldn't help but started laughing at it. You could boast about all your facilities like award-winning accommodation, superb restaurants.. But yet your quality of service is so disappointing.. So whats the point of offering such great facilities and yet you don't work to improve on your customer service??

I would really hope that you would take my comments seriously and do work on it. I do hope to hear from you soon regarding this matter. I seriously didn't expect to receive such service at such a prestigious hotel. BTW, should you need to contact me for whatever reasons, pls feel free to ring me up via my mobile phone at (number removed to prevent prank calls.. lolx).

Best Regards,
Wee Li Ping
------------------------
I bet this is one of the funniest email they ever received.. Hahaha.. Even when i read it over again, I couldn't help laughing at myself.. Lolx. I'm so silly!!

Between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you..

Love,
Me

0 comments: