Summer Love @ The Philippines

I sometimes wonder why people insist on buying travel insurance..
Well, then I concluded its just that your heart can really get lost in these beautiful cities? Or maybe is it just stolen by the nice folks down there. But again.. how to file a claim for that? Haaa~

For the longest time in my life I have been yearning to go to the Philippines. From all the books or magazines I ever read, from the Balut right down to the white sandy beaches, this place had already captured all my wildest imagination long before I even set my foot on this beautiful land.

Finally the journey to my dream destination begins.. so excited to see with my own eyes what a colorful jeepney might look like.
4am was the exact moment I landed.. gosh was I tired out.. Our first destination was of cos a super early breakfast followed by a visit to the Mactan Shrine where we were greeted by a beautiful swampy land in Sunrise!



I had so much problem sleeping on the plane.. but I think its all worth while, we started the morning with a very slow tour into the filipino history.. which I vaguely recall with my half awaken mind.. begins with this great warrior Luput Luput
The whole place was so tranquil so much so that even simple folks by the street look so generous with their smile. The peacefulness you see in them really lingers around my mind for the day.
Even simple seafood looks extra delicious :)

Thereafter, we took a break at Shangri La Resort.. Gosh was the view breathe-taking.. what private beach etc.. it was a total luxury just to even take a seat there and chill in the morning

It was really grand.. you know, even if I don't pay for these luxury stuff in life, its good once in awhile, go in and chill, relax, sit back and enjoy.. now that's life!

The next stop was at the Famous Guitar Factory on the island, oh my, you can really hear the difference, it was quality sound all right! Presenting Alegre Guitars
Guitars freshly made by the craftsmen in the workshop

Here's the Ukulele I bought for Kat Looi! OMG, the sound quality is superb, its not a toy lor... Its music to the ears...
Here's a huge icon of Cebu where it captures the essence of the Cebu history.. One can never tell from its name, this place is actually so rich in its history.
Our next pit stop is just across the street, the Yap-San Diego Ancestral Home, one of the most well-preserved heritage that depicts the evolution from the olden days when Chinese set sail to The Philippines and their settlement onto this foreign land.
Everything has to be so carefully preserved so much so that even the flooring has to be treated with love.. hence, we have got to put on such a foot cover while walking around the place

Next up, here's a glimspe of the oldest church in Philippines, Basilica Minore del Sto Nino.


The interior was so grand and magnificient

And I always imagined such scene only in a Taoist Temple, never knew Catholics lite a candle to make wishes too!

And how can your day tour be complete without a visit to the famous fort, Fort San Pedro.. The smallest, oldest triangular bastion fort in the country was built in 1738 to repel Muslim raiders. In turn, it served as a stronghold for Filipino revolutionaries near the end of the 19'th Century. This served as the nucleus of the first Spanish settlement in the Philippines. Well, within the walls of the fort now holds a very lovely ground for pinic, cafe chillout, or maybe just a day of photoshooting..


And did I tell you what they used to build this fort?? Egg White!! My god, yes EGG WHITE!

Last stop of the day is a visit to one of the grandest Taoist Temple sitting right up the hill top
This old man not only fish for you, he teaches you how to fish?

Practically spent the whole of the 2nd day shopping, buying, eating, snacking, shopping, buying, eating, snacking.. here's a shot right outside SM Mall, the biggest in Cebu I think..

When nite-falls, that's when the Balut challenge sets in.. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not for those with faint hearted.. presenting the Ultimate BALUT! woohoo! haaa, u saw the chicken there? Still got feathers somemore.. haaaha, but overall, its superb! It tasted like chicken (Duh!! Its a chick alright) with a hint of eggy smell.

The very next morning, it was time to head to the shores of Bohol where you will feel summer love revolving all around you. Its not going to be a shopping heaven, but its gonna be a good spot for chilling by the beach for bums like me!

The local Taxi..and it looks like its gonna topple anytime man.. scary~

Another old church that we went to.. the Baclayon Church. Some of the oldest in the region too. And the scary thing if you see carefully.. right beside the bell tower, you can actually see the face of a bearded man on the wall

 Then its to the interior of the church, gosh, its another grand piece of art.

Nope, not Cabury Mountains nor Rocher Cliff, its Chocolate Hills of Bohol.. And why the name? Its because during the season, these little hills turn brownish on its own thus resembling little hershey kisses.

Okok, time out for lunch by the river, relax as we cruise down the river to nowhere just listening to music and chill in the midst of greeneries and calmness of the river





 Little Tarzan swinging himself into the waters




Now to visit some cute fellows which resembles ET.. Tarsiers @ Tarsier Sanctuary. Guess what, they actually eat worms! Ewwww... 

So far, this has been one of the nicer Jeepney I have come across during my trip, and the best part.. It looks like trasnformer! 

The very next morning, it was another super early day when we woke up at 5am just to catch a glimspe of dolphins as we go chasing the playful friends 

 Here's the click once more doing a "Zi Pai"

 Just look at how clear the water is.. 

 Here's the whole fleet of tourist right infront of us scaring the poor dolphins 

Finally its time for my own action to get into the waters @ Balicasag Island. Okie, time for me to get wet, but before that, maybe just a couple of starfish to start my day right!

 Into the deep blue sea

 Sea Urchins @ Virgin Island

 Salty but fresh.. the taste is really good I must say~

 GP Teh with her Urchin on hand, she is trying it with their famous coconut vinegar!

And after a long long day at the sea, best is always to chill by the cafe with a bottle of Ice Cold Beer.. And San Miguel Light makes the best choice!

And for Sundown, time to head for the beach to get a good nice dose of Seafood @ a bargain! BBQ seafood at prices you can't imagine! Here's the girls waiting for their food at Opps! Restuarant and Pub

 A CW all time favourite, Icy cool Ice Tea~

 Woohoo~ here comes the seafood platter.. deliciously layered with vegs, BBQ squid, Ocean fresh fishes, fat juicy prawns and sweetie crab!
 

 Oh, how can I forget about my accomodation? A newly built up resort, Panglao Regents Park Resort



The nice cafe which I love chilling out and surfing web and sending nonsense emails and mindless facebooking over a cuppa~


  
Simply love the beautiful beach, white sand, clear water, no need for extra bikini babes, but preferably another beach hunk will make my day! ahaah 

 Here's beautiful me again!

 The clear blue..

Our last pose before we bade farewell to the island :( 

What a trip I must say, yes, it was absolutely burning hot, but with all the fun I had, its all worth while. Till my next trip comes along...

Cheers.

0 comments: