Xiao Mei, ni you hui lai le ah?

Whats so good about Tung Fen?
You have really got to taste it before you know why..

Significance of dish: Reminds me of Chewling... so sad rite? hehe
no lah, it reminds me of Short Circuit rather.. and why link to Chewling? Cos she was the one who always spend the "Rush Hour" with me in Short Circuit. Recalling those FYP days.. when everyday was a busy day.. Rush here n there in the name of FYP..

Why linkage to Short Circuit?
Cos the Thai food stall always sells this.. I know I hated that stall cos her food always has so much oil etc.. Well, I think its my taste bud problem cos I always find fault with that stall I think.. I have no qualms with other stall.. especially the Corona stall.. In fact, I'm kind of scare to walk pass that stall now.. each n everytime, without fail, the aunty will shout "Xiao Mei, ni you hui lai le ah?" grumblesss..
But I still miss my TP..

Anyway, still presenting...

Dish of the Day: Fried Tung Fen with Chinese Sausage

Ingredients:
  • 1 small packet of Tung Fen
  • 1 chinese sausage
  • minced garlic
  • half a tablespoon of Oyster sauce
  • dash of pepper
Garnish:
  • Spring Onions (chopped)
The Expert Says:
Remember to soak your Tung Fen before you cook them. Maybe for about 20 mins or less will do. Then dice your chinese sausage into little bits (not too small either).
Right, first, you got to fry your minced garlic in the pan with a little oil till almost golden brown, then throw in your diced sausages.. Watch out for the heat cos sausages can get burnt. After a minute or two, dump in all the Tung Fen and mix well with the sausages and garlic. Next, get some water and mix with the Oyster Sauce, stir well, and pour into the pan (onto the Tung Fen obviously). The Tung Fen will soak up the water in a jiffy. Then finish it off with a dash of pepper.

Anyway, just a word of caution.. this dish is suppose to be dry.. Tung Fen is suppose to be springy and nice.. If your dish turns out to be really soupy.. I suggest you change the name of YOUR dish Tung Fen SOUP.

Sprinkle chopped Spring Onions before serving. TaDA!

0 comments: