Uncle.. Prata two, no egg

I was watching the TV sometime ago when I heard this phrase:
"Humans are easily satisfied"

How true is that? Well, at least not for me. This is something that I definitely have to confess to. Anyway. Not being "easily satisfied" calls for the need to constantly improve yourself. It gets tiring after sometimes thou. But still.. this is human instinct.

Anyway, I have yet another thing to share tonight. As you might have guessed.. Prata! Its not only prata, but also the Indian curry by its side. Sitting in my living room now, thou that dish was done yesterday, smell of the spice still lingers in my living area. Ahh.. nice nice! Thanks to my hsemate for refusing to air the place. Even if I love the smell of the spices, I don't think its wise to "keep" it to yourself.

When innovation has done me proud once again..

Main Dish: Roti Prata

Ingredients:
  • Puff Pastry (1 slice can be cut into 4 portions)
Side Dish: Indian Curry

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium Carrots (chopped into big strips)
  • 1 huge Onion (sliced)
  • 2 big potatoes (cubed)
  • 2 chicken drumstick (Chopped into 3 pieces each)
  • 200g of chicken breast fillets (bite size please)
  • 1 packet of Indian curry paste
  • 440ml of Coconut milk
  • 1 table spoon of oil
The Expert says:
Well, I guess we should really start with the curry this time. Using a non-stick pan or pot, put in the oil first and stir in the Indian Curry paste, just for half a minute. Then dump in all the other ingredients except for the coconut milk. Needless to say, please leave the puff pastry alone in the freezer first. Its not easy to work with puff pastry skin once it is thawed. Back to your pot of curry.. Remember to mix the ingredients well with you paste, this would sort of give it a very nice and even taste later on. Then let it sizzle for something like 5 to 10 minutes. Time to add in your coconut milk then. Stir well and let it simmer for 20 minutes at least.. You have got to wait till your chick is cooked and potatoes are soft. I love softer potatoes, so I did take a longer time to cook this dish. Just before you decide that you are done with the curry, turn the heat really low just to keep it warm...

Time for Prata showdown! Its so easy to get pre-prepared prata from the supermarkets in Singapore, but not in Aussie thou. So what we need to do is to improvise and be creative! Instead of the normal Prata we get in SG, I used the puff pastry instead. Viola! It works! So what you actually do is to pan fry it till crispy brown perfection. You don't even need oil if you have a good 'O' non-stick pan. Taste exactly the same (or somewhat close) to what you get from the indian uncle in the Kopitiam.

Its really really nice to serve both the curry and the prata warm. Especially on a cold "pre-winter" night.

Anyway, how much does our prata cost nowadays?

0 comments: