Week 2.. Still loving Thesis

Time flies.. Its already Week 2 of uni for me. Well, I guess its been a pretty horrible week filled with thesis reading and more thesis reading. But otherwise, its all good. Since its week 1 of uni, there isn't much work to be done, except for the fact that I wanted a good head start for my thesis thats why all the late nights...

Today, I felt like an ass in the thesis tutorial. I realised that a handful of students still don't know what their thesis topic might be. And guess what, more than half the class didn't know the aims and objectives of their thesis. Well, in this case, I'm considered pretty fast already. But upon meeting up with my supervisor in the afternoon, I somehow felt that he isn't really satisfied with my work done. After leaving his office.. I realised that all the summaries I've written so far was kept well in my file, not shown to anyone. DAMN! How could I? Thats a big demerit on my side. But I guess I could only make up for it in this week then.

I should be going down to Sydney this saturday. Gonna catch the Mardi Gras.. Waahaa.. I missed it last year, so I can't afford to let it slip off again this time round. Afterall, you might not know, this might be my last year here. God knows where my future lies. I was warned to wear extra pants if I don't like people touching my ass.. haa

So I had curry tonight. I did the cooking and I was pretty satisfied with it. Chicken taste good. Everything seems right. Just like the good old Singapore style Curry Chicken. I think I deserve some credits for it right people? *Claps!!* Alright.. So I guess I might lose my competition with mummy then.. with all the junk food coming in. I have no idea how much I'm gonna gain this year! Woah! God... please save me!

I still miss home actually. I just miss my mum's yong tau hu, bak tuk teh and those yummy yummy stuff. She cooks so much better than me. Its an achievement. An achievement that she took years of practice to achieve. When will I get to eat those yummy yong tau hu? When will I get her bak tuk teh? Arrrhhh...Guess what, my mum is gonna celebrate her 52 in less than 3 weeks time! Wahhaaha. Shhh.. dun tell her that I disclose such a big secret on my blog.

Oh, I had a test today. An english test. Its been years since I sat for an english test. God knows how I might fare this time. I have no idea when the results are gonna be out.. I'm pretty excited to know about it as well.. since it has been so long since my last english test. Haaa.. Its an essay thing. So I actually wrote almost a cool 3 pages within half an hour. I'm not even that fast when it comes to copying homework! Oh gosh!

I'm pretty pissed off with a fact of life. People coming to you only when they need you. What the hell do you think I am? One night stand? I hate to be unkind so I can't be so straightforward at times. But how am I suppose to make people understand the fact that even I have the ability to help doesn't mean I MUST HELP.

"Don't be such a KAYPOH"
- mum -

Indeed. Don't be one. Simply because..

"It's none of my business"
- me -

Ahhh.. something nice did happen last week. I actually received an invitation to become a committee member of some International Student club in the Uni. In fact, they had invited me last year, but at that time, I was only thinking of "freelancing". This time round, their sincerity really touched me. I may or may not join them thou, due to my other commitments. But actually, the point of mentioning this issue is not to brag how good I am that people wants me in! But the fact that I have a few person to thank.

First and foremost.. My dearest Mummy!
Her words are ever so encouraging. Ever so supporting. She told me that I'm in a better position to judge my own timing and work commitments. She had trusted me to handle my things well and I really appreciate it. Isn't it a wonderful fact that I don't have a "governing" mummy to keep nagging and keep saying..
"Its all for your own good.."

Secondly.. DCCL!!!
Reason being. She simply asked me to GO FOR IT! Haahaa. Aiya, after years of being together, she should know very well that I really enjoy myself while doing all those stuff. Otherwise how else can I account for my commitment in CENT. A fellow fighter for almost 5 years.. Guess what, she actually in cahoot with mummy de! ARGGHH.. They are planning to go out for a great meal and take snap shots of the food and send it over to me! So much for that 5 years of friendship. ARGH! Ni hai shi ren mah?

Last but not least.. Zihua!
Thanks for giving me the confidence, the much needed confidence. This girl ah.. Haiz. Very supportive towards my decision actually. How should I put it leh.. I really dun know how else I should put it..
In a layman term.. Thank you!

Time to get cracking then! My peak hours are here finally!!! Booohooohooo~~ I just love thesis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tot by taking pictures is to share with u the food we eat mah... just like how u emailed the list of food u cooked in Aussie!!! argh...

Cheerene said...

If you like, I will start taking pictures for u on a daily basis. Send till you flood completely... Heee