I'm loving u guys!

God.. Blogging bug has once again come alive!! Do check out some of the new links above..!! Dun miss out some of the latest updates of our friends!! Woopee!!

Oh yeah.. then again.. I've long wanted to blog on this topic.. just that I always brush it off with.. "aiya.. no time lah.. next time lo" .. it goes to show how lazy i am! Geez.. this is a well known fact about me! Dun tell me u dun know!

Been wanting to blog something about the comparsion of life in Singapore and Aussie land.. Whats makes it so different.. what makes it so attractive for SGreans to come over?? What is the pros of coming over, and of cos, the cons!! What brought me here.. what is my biggest regret.. what is the thing I miss most? So many WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN??

Its not going to be short.. jus bear with it pls..

Clearly remember when I first landed down at Sydney Airport.. whats my first thot?? Guess wat.. Its a really evil thot! Oh man.. I do feel abit uneasy to share it out here.. but I guess it will be fine.. Hahaha.. well.. here goes.
"Oh man, freedom.. I'm gonna embrace u like never before!! From this very moment onwards.. its just gonna be u and me.."
Well, thats what came over me that very morning I first set my foot on this foreign land.. I landed at around 3:30am SG time that day.. which is like 7:30am NSW time.. The queue was very bad.. I only managed to clear the customs after at least 1 to 2 hour later..

So whats really different about our motherland and Aussieland?? Building is the first thing u would ever realise.. Where has the skyscrapers gone to?? Yeah, maybe its all in the Sydney central.. but till now, I've still yet to set my foot on Sydney since I step into Wollongong.. this jus goes to show how dorminant I am.. Anyway, our library here.. Its only like 3 to 4 stories high?? where has our 11-stories TP library gone to?

Weather-wise, I don't really enjoy it.. thou its pretty cooling at times, it can get pretty hot too.. And at times, u are jus gonna hate the rain! Its practically none stop, one thing special about the rain, its so quiet that U wun even know its raining.. Worst thing that I've encountered.. Its raining ICE!! Woo man.. ICE falling from above.. Mag was still kidding with me, she said it might be the fella living above me who is pouring ice at my window! Aw.. Hehehe.. thanks mag! Lolx.. But I would say generally, it has pretty fine weather. pretty cooling, u wun sweat like what u are used to in SG..

Food wise, I'm easy with food.. not much of a preference.. if u were to ask me to choose, oh pls... jus give me back my mum's yong tau foo soup and the bak kut teh! I'm just so lazy to cook a proper meal.. that day, I just got nagged by my poly buddy.. (ok chewling.. dun point fingers now!! yes i'm talking abt u!!!) all because I ate some chicken porridge I cook around a week ago or less? I left it in the fridge.. But it taste ok lah.. Afterall, I've inherited my mum's genes leh! how can my cooking be that bad?? Haa.. jus that I can be reeeellly lazy at times. But ultimately, I know chewling wun nag if she doesn't care!! Thanks girl, I'll listen to u de!! Ok, back to the topic.. U can't find things that we eat normally over here. One thing I really missed... my bak gua... Chris promised me 1kg when I go home.. I just can't wait.. oh man!! Anyway, by now, most of you should have know that my house is full of friends from China.. Haa, and of cos, I picked up a few dishes from them.. I shall try them out when I'm home this coming Nov (hopefully)..

Transportation-wise, I really hate it man! Going places?? Gear up yourself with a comfy pair of shoes and off u go! Its walking and more walking!! Hey, I wouldn't mind if the person walking next to me is him.. I would then hope that we will take forever to reach our destination.. Buses here, not that cheap, its like $1.50 from the university to the city mall.. and thats not the worst, the worst is the frequency of the bus! Pls dun expect something like SBS, here, expect something like 1 hr a bus.. miss it? better go home for a cup of tea first, rather than wait in the cold wind.. But the good thing I love about the buses here.. the drivers are really friendly..

I would say, Aussies are really a great bunch of people! I love their friendliness! Cool huh! Back in SG, u never really find strangers on the road smiling at u, wishing u "Good day" dun u? They do over here.. I'm loving it.. every morning, I would greet those old granny and grand daddy with a warm smile and a simple hello... It would really make my day, and theirs! How good is this feeling.. Something I never had in SG I guess.. I guess this will be the most lovely memories I will keep when I return home.

So whats the thing that attracted ppl like me to come over?? A simpler life? Nah.. Initially, I oso had this idea, life here would be easy, and I even had the idea of settling down here.. But maybe I'm not the type who can really fit into such a life easily. I need more adventure in life! So I guess, concrete garden is still the best place for me! But really, aussie would be a nice place for u to come for a rest... or can even consider this place for your retirement.. it will be good.. I do have plans of coming over here to retire.. that is if I have the money.. Hahaha.. Seriously, air here smells nicer too! Sweet flora fragrance.. Greenery everywhere. Indeed a very lovely place for u to relax your mind.. (thats if ur motive here is to relax.. not to study).. Seriously, do consider this place for ur holidays.. In the city area, not small little towns like Wollongong.. some farmstay would be great too!

So what brings me over to aussie? Well, this is indeed unplanned of a year ago.. as a matter of fact, I guess some of u guys might have heard me saying this "I will NEVER leave Singapore for my studies.." reason being I'm scared! But somewhere around last July, I've decided on persuing my future.. very unplanned.. I can ever imagine myself as a international student, let alone being an undergrad.. but well, here I m now, as an undergrad of University of Wollongong.. I have to upgrade myself so that I'm worthy of this new status!

I dun noe how many of u have read my blog long time ago.. One of my post mentioned.. abt him.. yeah.. It really happened.. As I told him I wanted to leave.. I do really hope he will ask me to stay in Singapore.. But those words never come.. Till now, my heart occassionally still will ache when I thot of it.. Till now, I've yet to get over him.. If I really wanted words like "wishing you the best in Aussie..." or "work hard.." would I really called him that night? He didn't turn up as promised on the 12 of Feb.. I did call him up after I entered the gates.. He didn't say much.. so did I.. A very good colleague of my, Andrea, once told me.. "once you decided not to tell him, never ever mention it again.." true enough, I thot to myself.. Whats the point of telling him now?? Make him wait for 2 years?? I guess if I really mean well for him, I should let him have a chance to find his real happiness in this 2 years? Afterall, I might not be his real happiness anyway.. But I still like our current status now.. still good buddies.. nutting more, nutting less.. thou a small conflict online that day.. but its over anyway.. Haa.. Now.. We are still very close buddies!! Really!

My worst regret?? It would be that I have to much unfinished work left in Singapore... One of the most important task will be getting all my buddies back together.. I've been thinking alot for the past weeks.. Really, if none of you guys mean anything to me, would I have thot of u ppl so often.. No doubt I might have a mouth which loves to sweet talk.. but, I say, when I say I miss u.. it means I really do.. seriously..

Speaking of the people I miss most?? I guess I better not go into too much of it.. I wun give any form of ranking! I dun want to get into trouble u know.. Deep down, Of cos, at times, such things do have a form of ranking thou... But most importantly, I still must mention some names tonite.. First.. my family.. esp my mom.. love u ma..! Just make sure none of "those people" bully her.. or else I will go back and settle all the scores once and for all! But I guess I still miss everyone back at home.. Perhaps I just dun show my care for them easily.. but one thing I realise, I really love them. Life is so different without them.

Somehow stupid, I jus feel like listing a whole grand list of people I missed.. but still, I want to make a small list thou.. Other then my family... I still have a great deal of u guys to miss!

Mummy Irene, miss her so much.. miss those great badminton sessions we had back then.. I will never forget the very first impression I had of mummy when she step into the lecture hall that day for her ESD lecture... Her patience really make me melt... I'm really impressed with her forgiving, endurance, tolerance.. just too many qualities..

Chris mei mei, thou it might sound funny to her, but deep down, I'm still filled with admirations for this young lady... Getting to know this girl is definitely the most beautiful accident in my life.. A girl like none other.. U can't say she is silly.. she is just the plain O her.. and its this that makes her special.. I'm truly blessed to have such a nice little girl as my sister..

Of cos, my Evil Twin, Smith Leong JH, haaa.. at times our point of view never really match.. given our strong characters.. thou hard for us to mix, but we still did! Thanks to his strong words at times which does wake me up when I needed it! Haa! Thanks evil twin! I owe u a proper testimonial!! That one i gave was just a sick practical joke.

Coach Keong! Another funny fella! Miss his funniness! One unique guy indeed! Hahaha.. Way to go keong! 7 more months before I could go ur place and slack, and not forgetting those instant cup noodles n my lovely ribiena(watever the spelling)! Aunty's cooking is definitely better than mine thou!

Zihua ah.. got boyfrend le, dun forget frends!! Hahaha.. known this lady for a short period of time but maybe.. its the chemistry that works wonder between us.. Watch her change so much.. Its really an eye OPENER! My god! Who else but Zihua can laugh so loud with me in Short Circuit!

Haa! ChewLing!!!!! Another one! cannot forget! this O buddie.. sticking thru thick and thin with me.. one very tough girl who survived the 3 monstrous years with me.. Definitely owe her a very big thank you for helping me with my PCS notes ah!!! I had never forgotten abt it.. And I never will.. Ling ah... 3 years and 8 months le.. "san nian ling ba ge yue".. Of cos, the big thank you is not only for the PCS notes lah!!

Hee.. and my FYP matey!! Chi! Ah.. this pretty lady whom I've known for very long.. this dates back to our year 1.. when me n ling would always find her sitting on the first 2 rows of the lecture hall.. Haa! FYP would never be the same without her.. But we only got to know her only during our year 2 actually... thats when I entered CEN as a newbie!

Jestin! Oh.. this girl ah! Haa.. My blog template creator as many of u know! A great frend who is willing to go great lengths for her frends! U are really fortunate if u have her fighting side by side with u..

My lovely Do Re Mi.. 3 pretty ladies from my secondary school! Haahaa! Thanks for the photoframe! I will definitely choose a very nice photo n put it in!! This 3 ladies are some of the more creative ones who I've met! Blessed with the looks and the brains.. Rare beauties indeed.. Haa! But guys, some of them are attached already.. not that I dun wan to introduce to u people! Lol

Yeah.. My Sec 4 Form Teacher... Miss Tiew.. This young lady.. another one who has won my admiration.. Thou its a long time since we last met up.. but perhaps its all fated that I were to meet up with her a few months before I leave SG, and we still had a little gathering one the eve of my departure. Hey! Thou she is my form teacher.. She is NOT that old as u guys imagine! Oh my, she look even younger than me!! A very nice, yound lady.. unique character. Miss her alot.. Miss those good old days.. Still can clearly remember that afternoon, after her class test, how confident I was to actually walk up to her and shake my head.. "Full marks le lah.." Well, sad to say, I was one of those disturbance in her class!! But for now, I will jus pray for her quietly.. Pray that everything will be fine for her..

Faithy and XR.. funny and really interesting couple! One is a great singer, one is a great photographer.. Wahaha.. Isn't that interesting enough?? What more do I need to say?

Jun.. My sister's schoolmatey! Oh.. my Evil twin's sister rather! Hahaha.. interesting?? Duh! Y do I make eveything sound interesting! Haha.. Anyway.. Dun play scrable with her! So hard to win! Not fun! Lolx..

Andrea.. My dear colleague from creative! Haa.. Very unique personality. A very well learnt person.. Thru out my stay in Creative, I've learnt so much from her words of wisdom.

Jenny!! oh how can I ever forget her! Hahaha.. My partner in almost everything! Partners in crime, etc.. opps! Haha.. Jus a great friend! Great buddy! And almost anything else!! Way to go girl!! We rock!! lol

Bee Leng! Oh... what should I say.. She really take great care of me.. Lovely lady.. really caring.. I bet U can't find another friend like her.. Its just my blessing to get to know her! Where else will u find a great friend like her who takes care of every silght details for u?

There are 2 Kelly that I miss too! Kelly from Creative too! Hee.. My dear kelly, my very wise advisor! a very straight forward person who draws very clear line of her work and personal stuff! Indeed a very "gong shi fen ming" person!! This is her uniqueness that really draws my attention! The 2nd Kelly is none other than my Sec school monsterous buddie!! She is now in HK le.. I must... die die oso must go n visit her one day!! I'm coming, my dear girl!

Gita is a great pal I made over here in Uni! She is just a very fantastic person! Hardworking.. kind, and willing to share.. Helping me with my studies.. pulling me up from the pits.. very fortunate to have the chance to work with her in one of the subjects as team mates.. I know I will have a great time with her!!

But seriously, this list is infinite... it can go pages and pages for sure.. but I need to put it to a stop now.. Got to go and take a shower.. I'm stinking!!

Hee.. Anyway.. I do really miss u guys! Take care buddies!

Between now and then, till I see you again, I'll be loving you..

Love,
Me

0 comments: