My APEL reflection... End up become just another of my blog.. Cheers

My student life in Temasek Polytechnic is definitely a very fulfilling one, especially when i entered the Diploma in Computer Engineering. It was my first time experiencing the Problem Based Learning(PBL). It was tough at first, but slowly got used to it. I used to complain alot about this teaching method, but i soon realised its strength. It also gives me a chance to get to know my team-mates better. It is also through PBL that i understand the importance of teamwork.

Soon after i joined Computer Engineering, I made my way to its student welfare club, known as Computer Engineering Network(CENT), as its excutive committee. I'm really glad that i made the choice to join this club as it has given me many opportunities to meet and work with people from all over CEN. Through organizing and participating in the club events, I really get to know each and everyone of the club better, be it the executive committee or sub committee.

Its through organizing events for the club, i have learnt to put trust on people. I strongly believe that trust is one of the most important factor to keep everyone in the team moving. Another 2 key factors to maintain the team are responsibility and initiative. All members of the team should be responsible to for their own tasks and should take initiative to help one another in the team when help is needed. You should know when to take the lead, when to be a follower. Always keep the morale high within the team, it definitely helps the team to work more efficiently.

I remember that my drama instructor once told me that, in every play, how well the main character performs very much depend on all the rest of the minor characters. These minor characters are the ones who will be able to bring out the outstanding qualities of the main character. If we feel that the main character can performed well, the credits should actually go to all the minor characters as they are the ones who have done a good job in bringing out the best performance in the main character. Same for the minor characters, how well they can perform will depend on how well the main character can lead them.

The same applies for teamwork, each and everyone in the team has their own role to play, be it a leadership role or just a teamworker role, a team would not be able to perform without any one of these roles. Every role is just as important as each other.

Through all my experiences in TP, I got to know myself better. I begin to understand myself, i begin to speak up for myself. I will not hesitate to give my point of view. But I have also learn to accept other people's point of view too because I understand that i could not be always right. In some situations, all of us may not be wrong too! Every problem will have more that one solutions, so its perfectly alright to have different points of views on how to solve the problem.

In life, there will be many inevitable failures, but it is always important to keep trying. Never give up easily and i believe that i will succeed one day if i keep trying. There is nothing wrong with trying. If we do not try, we will never know how far we can go. Life is short, do not live to regret it.

A quote from American Idol contestant, William Hung.

"I have done my best and I have no regrets"

In everything we do, most important is that we must know that we have given it our best shot. Nothing else matters. Winning is just a bonus.

0 comments: